Simple Snorricam for $7



Another viewer request, this time I make an attempt at creating a Snorricam, a rig that makes you look like you desperately need a nap. This has got to be one of the simpler rigs I've ever built.  Most Snorricams have lots of padding and straps, but I did away with all of that in favor of a counterweight system.  It isn't as rock solid as the traditional version, but you get to see more of your actor as well as some other nifty options not found elsewhere. Who wants to be like everyone else anyway?

Comments

DIYFilmSchool said…
I like the simplicity of this build, but I'm not that big a fan of the excess motion. What could be done with this particular rig to stabilize it more? Slow down while walking, I'm sure, but is there anything else?
Scott Eggleston said…
Perhaps shortening the side rails would help a bit.